I have been participating in Camera House's Photo Friday Competition [with no result other than the encouragement of other participants], as well as regularly contributing to, and learning from, CH's Facebook Forum. From there I have been introduced to Helicon where I have learned how to frame my photos, as well as Picasa where I have learned to Collage.
I printed 4 photos late one evening this week at Kmart to see how the framed photos came up and I was more than pleased. They will give added dimension to the cards I make for missions. As someone said on the Forum this week ... I am addicted :-)
It is incredible what one can do in this free programme, but I think I will do the 30 day trial of their more upgraded one after my holidays.
Further examples, not yet printed off are:
 |
| The beauty of the Table Cape tulips |
 |
| Cold, misty winter day |
 |
| Waratah Falls on a rainy, cold Saturday [3 degrees C] |
I am really thrilled with what I can now do.
Yesterday I was advised about collaging on Picasa. I had previously known about it when we did a little bit of experimenting with the students at school [about 8 years ago] but I had forgotten all about it. I made a couple of very quick collages and I will be able to make our family Christmas card/letter so much more interesting this year.
 |
| Scenes from Lake Rowallan |
 |
| Collage in Picasa; border and text in Helicon |
I'm still learning, part of being a life-long learner and it is learning that I am thoroughly enjoying!
... and you've helped me immensely!
ReplyDelete