It is SOOO long since I used this blog! I have continued my photographic journey, but the more I have learned, the more I have realised I still don't know! But isn't that the way in every part of life?
I have begun to enjoy photographing the night sky - that wide expanse of stars - a sure way to remind myself at regular intervals that "The heavens declare the glory of God!" Psalm 19 v 1. My wide-angled lens is basic and so it shouldn't open wider than f/4, although if it is fully at 10mm without any extension, I have recently discovered it can go to f/3.5. I look at people's photos when they have lenses that photograph the night sky at f/2 or even f/1.4 and the clarity is so much more. However, I am thankful for the opportunity to be able to get out there at night to shoot the stars and very grateful for a husband who doesn't complain about coming with me and keeping me safe. It has been so much fun experimenting with night photography! Clouds do tend to change what one can see!
![]() |
| 2014.04.30 My first attempt at aurora australis f/4.5, ISO 1000, 25 sec, RAW edited in Elements 11 |
![]() |
| 2014.06.04 Winter camping by the river f/4.2, ISO 3200, 25 secs RAW edited in Elements 11 |
![]() |
| 2015.03.18 First time I'd captured beams in an aurora f/3.5, ISO 3200, 25 secs RAW edited in Elements 11 |
![]() |
| 2015.03.20 Camping at Black River I took a few shots and used StarStax to make my first stacked star trail. I need a lot more images to have it stronger. RAW edited in Elements 11 |




No comments:
Post a Comment